“A recipe has no soul, You, as the cook, must bring the soul to the recipe.” Best food to captivate your attendees is the best way to make your event a massive success. The type of cuisine depends on your guests. This list of delicious food is based on the theme of “Flavors of India,” where we have covered the popular dishes of various parts of India.
- Kashmiri Dum Aaloo- What is better than having an authentic spicy version & a rich creamy version of Kashmiri Dum Aaloo? Best served with steamed basmati rice, naan, or khasta Rotis, this special dish can win over your guest’s heart. Gravy made with curd, Kashmiri chilli powder, dry ginger provides a ride to the rich heritage of Kashmir. It best fits the main course theme of Indian events.
- Jodhpuri Kabuli Pulao- Why remain simple when you can be extraordinary? Veg fried rice is the basic dish of Indian marriages. Adding some exotic flavors of Jodhpur can make you stand out of the crowd. Carrying healthy ingredients like crunchy cashews, raisins, this dish is cooked in yogurt with varieties of vegetables to make your vegetarian guests feel special. It is the perfect dish to make your event royal and classy.
- Mysore Dosa- The crowd in Indian weddings is synonymous with Dosa stall. Tracing its origin from Bangalore and Mysore, Mysore Dosa is served with coconut chutney and veg sambhar. It is made with potato fillings along with coriander, black mustard seeds, curry leaves, and spices. Its crispiness can make everyone say “One more please.” It is best when it comes to suiting the needs of health-conscious guests. Its batter is made up of Basmati or Sona mansoori rice adding to its nutritional and health values.
- Basundi- “Life is short, eat dessert first.” Your event is incomplete without the sweetness of Basundi. This creamy milk dish is made up of fragrant dry fruits like nuts, raisins, and cashews. It has a thin texture and is quite popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat. Cardamom powder, saffron contributes to the rich texture of basundi. It is usually prepared during auspicious occasions like Bhai Dooj, Diwali.
- Banarasi Meetha Paan- A mouth refreshing paan that symbolizes love and hospitality. It is a form of welcoming gesture for the attendees and is a delight in itself. A perfect blend of chopped dates, tutti- frutti, cherries. It is the best after-meal offering to put a unique closure to the event. It carries a traditional value in various regions of Bihar. It traces its origin from the Mughal dynasty that making it of historical importance.
- Navratan Korma- A unique, royal curry dish that carries the flavors of nine ingredients including nuts, herbs, spices, vegetables. It is quite famous in Mumbai and a part of Mughlai cuisine. It is served best with tandoori roti or rumali roti. The entire preparation of this dish revolves around preparing the nuts, seed paste, making navratan korma, and preparing garnishing ingredients. The dish requires special attention while preparation to ensure the right balance of exotic flavors.